If you are running Windows 7/8/10 the drivers and Windows Mobile Device Center should install via Windows Update when the CUWIN is first connected to the host PC as shown in the video above.
To set up Windows Mobile Device Center without Windows update, use the following procedure.
1. Download Windows Mobile Device Center - Note that the title of the page says “for Windows Vista”, but it will work fine for Windows 7, 8, and 10.
2. Run the downloaded file.
3. Windows Mobile Device Center will begin installing. Wait for it to finish.
4. Using a USB cable, connect the CUWIN to the PC.
5. Windows will begin installing a driver for the CUWIN. When it is finished, a message will display in the system tray saying “Your device is ready to use.”
6. Windows Mobile Device Center will begin connecting with the CUWIN. When it is finished, it will display a status of connected. At this time you can use Windows Mobile Device Center to do many things with the CUWIN. You are encouraged to read the Windows Mobile Device Center documentation for more information. For this exercise, however, we just want to transfer files, so click “Connect without setting up your device”.
7. Under “File Management” click “Browse the contents of your device.”
8. Using Windows Explorer you will be able to view the CUWIN's file system and transfer files to and from the CUWIN just as you would on the PC.
It was discovered that an update of Windows 10, dubbed the “Creators Update”, can cause connectivity to Windows Mobile Device Center connectivity to no longer work. Please see this post for a remedy.