The following instructions describe how to install the CUWIN's USB driver on the PC
1. Download the “ActiveSync USB Driver [CUWIN5000 series]” file from the Comfile Technology website at http://www.comfiletech.com/pages/support.html, and unzip the file to a folder of your choosing.
2. Using a USB cable, connect the CUWIN to the PC.
3. After connecting the CUWIN to the PC, the “Found New Hardware Wizard” will appear. Select “Install from a list or specific location(Advanced)” and click the “Next” button.
4. Select “Search for the best driver in these locations” radio button and the “Include this location in the search:” checkbox. Then, browse to the folder containing the drivers that were downloaded in step 1, and click the “Next” button.
5. The PC will begin searching for a suitable driver. Wait for it to finish.
6. When it locates the driver, it will display a dialog box as shown above. Click the “Continue Anyway” button.
7. The driver will then install. When it is finished, the window above will appear. Click the “Finish” button
After the USB driver has been installed, ActiveSync (Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Windows 7/8/10) can be installed.
If you are running Windows XP, please perform the following procedure to install ActiveSync.
1. Download ActiveSync – At the time of this writing, the latest version was 4.5 and could be downloaded from http://www.comfiletech.com/pages/support.html
2. Run the downloaded file.
3. If a “Security Warning” dialog box appears, click the “Run” button.
4. On the “Destination Folder” dialog, accept the default or change the destination folder. Then click the “Next” button.
5. When installation is complete, a dialog will appear saying “Microsoft ActivSync 4.5 Setup is complete”. Click the “Finish” button.
6.ActiveSync is now installed, and you should see the ActiveSync icon in your system tray. If you double-click the system tray icon, the ActiveSync window will display showing a status of “Not Connected.”
7. Using a USB cable, connect the CUWIN to the PC.
8. You will probably hear a few sounds from the PC and the CUWIN and a small dialog will briefly appear on the CUWIN.
9.ActiveSync will then prompt you to create a partnership between the PC and the CUWIN. Make your selection. If you're not sure, just choose “No”. Then click the “Next” button.
10. ActiveSync will now show a status of “Connected”, and the ActiveSync system tray icon will change indicating the CUWIN is connected to the PC. Click the “Explore” icon.
11. Using Windows Explorer, you will now be able to view the CUWIN's file system and transfer files to and from the CUWIN just as you would on the PC.