IMPORTANT: Visual Studio 2008 must be installed before installing the SDK, or the SDK installation will fail.
In order for Visual Studio to build, deploy, and debug applications for the CUWIN, the CUWIN Software Development Kit (SDK) must be installed. The following video walks through this procedure starting at 4:23.
1. Download the SDK from http://www.comfiletech.com/pages/support.html. Execute the downloaded file to begin the installation.
2. When the welcome screen appears, click the “Next” button.
3. Read the license agreement and, if you agree, choose “Accept” and click the “Next” button.
4. On the “Customer Information” dialog, enter the appropriate information the in “User Name” and “Organization” text boxes. Then click the “Next” button.
5. Choose “Custom”. If you choose “Complete” the installation may fail.
6. Remove the “Documentation” feature from the installation. If you don't do this, the installation may fail.
7. We are now ready to begin the installation. Click the “Install” button to begin.
8. The SDK will begin installing. Wait for it to finish. When the installation is finished a dialog will display saying “Completing the CUWIN Setup Wizard”. Click the “Finish” button.