download problem

This is the technical support forum for users.

download problem

Postby nitinins » Sat May 31, 2014 2:39 am

Hi,
I was working on code related to MODBUS communication. For that I opened CF terminal. Since than one of my controllers CB 405RT has stopped responding to RUN/Download command( say, “ RS 232C communication error. Check cable or power 2”). I replaced it with another controller on protoboard. It works fine. Iam confused.
nitinins
Terminator

Re: download problem

Postby nitinins » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:31 pm

Thanks mike,
But have been trying to download the firmware. No luck. tried hardware reset by pushing the reset switch as well. Please advise.
nitinins
Terminator

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:46 pm

First, I suggest ensuring that the controller is properly mounted in its socket. Please ensure there are no bent pins.

Second, I suggest trying a firmware download in an attempt to reset the device.
Mike
Mike
SuperDuperDuper

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm not sure what the problem could be, then. Were you using com0 in your program?

Do you have a copy of the last program you downloaded to the Cubloc? If so, can you send it to me so I can see if I can reproduce the problem?
Mike
Mike
SuperDuperDuper

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:08 pm

I received your program and did some testing, but am unable to reproduce the problem. And, I don't see any usage of com0 in your program. Nor do I see any Modbus code as you stated in your first post.

Are you able to determine if the program last downloaded is still running? If the program is running, then there likely isn't a hardware problem.
Mike
Mike
SuperDuperDuper

Postby nitinins » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:12 pm

mike,
This is the program in which i tried to insert the modbus code. But when i face the download problem. I deleted it. But still no luck
nitinins
Terminator

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:37 am

This is the program in which i tried to insert the modbus code. But when i face the download problem. I deleted it. But still no luck

Ok, but is the last program downloaded executing correctly? If so, then I assume there is no hardware failure, and there is probably a connectivity problem. However, if the program is not running, there may be a hardware failure. If you suspect a hardware failure, please send an email to our support email address and request an RMA.
Mike
Mike
SuperDuperDuper

Postby nitinins » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:04 pm

prnt_scrn.jpg
prnt_scrn.jpg (228.7 KiB) Viewed 12992 times
Hi Mike,
Iam trying to test MODBUS communication. iam testing on CF Term . No luck. Here is my code

Const Device = CB220
Ramclear
Usepin 14, Out
Opencom 1,9600,3,80,80
Set Modbus 1,1

Set Ladder On

Do
Loop
End
nitinins
Terminator

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:49 am

I'm guessing the cable connecting your PC to the Cubloc needs a cross-connection. The PCs TX should connect to the Cubloc's RX and vise versa. Everything else looks good. You should see a reply in CFTerm when all is working properly. Are you using one of our boards?
Mike
Mike
SuperDuperDuper

Postby nitinins » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:13 am

Hi mike,
Iam using cb220 development kit. As advised I tried connecting cross cable also. But no luck. As u can see in the sample code iam trying to turn on port p14 by writing m2 bit at address 1002 from cf term. As iam sending the request, iam not receiving any response...please advise. Please advise..
nitinins
Terminator

Return to Technical Support